Arrowhead machine prides itself on always using professional modern equipment. Coming from the tool & die field, we know what it takes to do precision machining.
Here is a list of what we use:
- Sunnen align boring and align honing
- Winona Van Norman Block Mill with digital readouts for boring, decking, installing sleeves, and correcting lifter bores
- Sunnen CK10 for cylinder honing
- Scheledum RT7YL block surfacing & decking
- Bridgeport mill for machining registers for main cap installation
- Landis surface grinder for preparing main cap surfaces
- Winona Van Norman crankshaft grinding, polishing, stroking, and grinding crank counterweights
- Hines computerized engine balancer for balancing internal, external, with or without heavy metal
- Sunnen honing machine for reconditioning connecting rods, pin fitting pistons or rod bushing replacement.
- Clausen engine lathe for custom counterweight turning
- Bridgeport milling machine with digital readouts for piston lighting, crankshaft knife edging, piston valve relief cutting and gas porting.
- Serdi cylinder head machining center for guide, seat, and stud installation, cutting spring pockets, machining valve seats with multi-angles or contours, installing larger valves, cutting the famous three angle valve job and unshrouding combustion chambers.
- Superflow Flowbench for testing ports, valve jobs and intakes.
- Sunnen Centerless valve grinder for guaranteed concentricity on valves.
- Rimic valve spring tester for proper spring load
- Scheledum RT7YL surfacing machine
- Hot tank for stripping oil ↦ grease
- Glass beading for finishing and detail work
- Jet washer for aluminum cleaning and final wash before assembly
- Acid cleaning and sand blasting for rust removal
- Soda blasting for aluminum cleaning
- Shot peening for stress relief and cleaning
- Superflow 901 Dyno and flowbench
- Track testing by our many customers